City Year Rhode Island is seeking a dynamic, creative and detailed-oriented Operations Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all Headquarters-related issues, and create processes to support the efficiency of the site as a whole. Reporting to the Director of Human Potential and Site Operations and working with the site leadership team, the Operations Manager will provide cross-functional support across City Year Rhode Island various departments and will ensure operational tasks are handled quickly to keep the site running smoothly.
- High school education; college degree preferred.
- 1 year bookkeeping and/or accounting, processing payable and receivables.
- 2 years administrative and /or clerical.
- Proven organization and prioritizing abilities.
- Willingness to work under pressure in high-demand situations and respond to short deadline.
- Ability to work effectively with a team and independently. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, interest, and skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests from multiple members of the team
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills in order to manage multiple deadlines and major priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; capacity to strategically imagine, plan, and implement new ideas.
- Strong efficient use of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to helping a highly successful organization implement systems and structures to support significant growth.
- Deep understanding of City Year’s mission and the national service movement is helpful.
- AmeriCorps/City Year alumni are encouraged to apply.
Daily operations of Headquarters and vendor relations:
- Maintain good operations of all office equipment and serve as administrator of all hardware (computers, printers, telephones, cellular phones, fax machine, voice mail).
- Maintain adequate office supplies and materials. Maintain good relationships with all vendors, assuring most competitive price.
- Develop and maintain the Rhode Island office as a professional, organized physical space for staff and visitors.
- Respond to staff and landlord needs as they pertain to office management.
- Weekly processing of all accounts payable and receivable requests while maintaining accurate documentation (staff check request, purchase orders, reimbursements request, petty cash request) etc.
- Work closely with National Finance in tracking and reporting expenses.
- Work to ensure the site is getting maximum value for all purchases and contracts and will be responsible for submitting the monthly "site financial documents" to City Year's National Headquarters.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for staff and corps travels including RIPTA Eco Pass, parking for staff and Axiom travel to conferences.
- Manage site Bank of America card for purchases that cannot be made via vendors etc.
Technical and Web Application Support:
- Serve as site administrator of all computer hardware. Serve as secondary source on all computer applications.
- Work with the National information technology staff to assure high quality of customer service to users.
- Work with City Year Inc. Headquarters information technology staff to assure high quality customer service to users.
Human Potential and Uniform Fulfillment:
- Processing of all new hire forms for staff and AmeriCorps members.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Potential and site Operations, create and coordinate hiring, on-boarding, and development of staff.
- Serve as a resource to staff and AmeriCorps members regarding insurance, and payroll questions.
- Assure the prompt and proper distribution of uniform parts to AmeriCorps members and staff.
- Oversee all uniform concerns including monogramming, etc., relative to City Year standards.
- Oversee the ordering of name tags, business cards, phones and laptops for all new staff.
- Support registration and on boarding of AmeriCorps members and manage corps member files.
- Manage AmeriCorps member payroll issues or challenges.
- Provide customer service to AmeriCorps members.
- Assist with event planning and logistics for program events, retreats and trainings.
- Manage learning and development calendar.
General Site Support:
- Respond to staff needs and landlord needs as they pertain to the general Headquarters.
- Manage site and Executive Director calendar and scheduling.
- Act as note taker for all staff meetings, distribute notes within 24 hours of meetings and follow up with action steps before next meeting.