The Service Desk Analyst is a critical position that focuses on providing Tier 1 IT support to our user base by responding to the day-to-day needs of our internal customers across the network. This position reports to the Director of Services and Support located at City Year Headquarters in Boston. The successful candidate will have broad support services, as well as technical knowledge of desktop hardware, software, and Tier 1 network troubleshooting on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2003/2008 network infrastructure. This person will also need to have the ability to meet service level agreement commitments and seek out efficiencies and service improvement opportunities. Their primary responsibility will be to assure that the organizational goals are met for responsiveness to users.
- Interested and engaged individual that enjoys being at the center of a fast-paced organization.
- Background with user and customer support, including desktop and network troubleshooting issues.
- Hands-on Windows desktop and server support, administration, troubleshooting, security, and maintenance.
- A minimum of 1 year of professional IT experience in a mid-sized organization.
- Previous experience managing provisioning and support of mobile devices highly desirable.
- Previous experience working with asset management system highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills to exchange information and resolve problems, inclusive of timely status updates in City Year’s Service Desk application, as well as internal and external email and verbal communications with internal customers and City Year partners.
- Proven exceptional customer service background.
- Experience working in a service-level driven organization.
- Ability to prioritize and set proper expectations on response and resolution to customer base.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Strong initiative and follow through.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and within specific time constraints.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understanding of network printing.
- Working knowledge of:
- Desktop, laptop, remote access, and mobile device hardware architecture and configuration
- Windows XP and Windows 7
- MS Office applications
- Google Platform (Gmail, Drive, etc.)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to communicate professionally in writing and conversation.
- Familiarity with SalesForce Service Cloud helpful but not necessary.
- Familiarity with Workday (particularly asset management) helpful in this role.
- Hands-on Windows hardware support, administration, troubleshooting, security, and maintenance.
- Level 1 user support through the City Year Service Desk. Escalation of unresolved problems to other staff or appropriate vendors.
- Participate in technical project meetings and implement all related projects.