By the the City Year Boston Alumni Board
How often do you update your profile on the City Year alumni website? Did you even know there is a special website, for City Year alumni only? Well, there is—and we want you to know why it’s more important than ever to check it out and update your profile.
We think you should update your profile to…
1. Receive the latest information on opportunities to serve alongside and socialize with past and present corps members. By making sure we have your email and mailing addresses, we can share cool opportunities with you—like service days and alumni-only events. The website is the only place for City Year to track your contact information As your Alumni Board, we want to make sure all alumni stay in the loop about exclusive alumni opportunities, but we can’t do that without knowing how to get in touch with you.
2. Reconnect with your teammates and others from the City Year family. Do you ever ask yourself, “I wonder what my teammates are up to these days?” You can search for them and reach out by email, and maybe even plan to catch up in person at the next alumni event!
3. Access exclusive alumni-only resources there, including job postings. Are you looking for a new job, or looking to hire someone with the skills and experience gained through a year of service? You can search for and post jobs on the alumni website, and know that the organizations posting there understand the value of your city year. And update your own career information so other alumni can reach out to you to network or for opportunities they think you might be interested in. You can also find information on special academic and professional partnerships for City Year alumni.
4. Hear about the accomplishments that City Year continues to make in Boston and across the globe. The service of corps members today builds on ours, and knowing how they are making a difference today reminds us that “belief in the power of young people” is something that never changes, no matter when you served.
5. Help us know how you want to be engaged. Are you satisfied with City Year’s alumni offerings? Do you have ideas for other alumni-only events or initiatives? The Alumni Board is a voice of the alumni community to City Year Boston, and we want to include as many perspectives as possible in our work. By updating your information, you help us share opportunities to connect and better understand our community.
There are two sources of dedicated support if you have trouble accessing your profile. Your username should be either the City Year email address you had during your corps year or the personal email address you had at that time. But if you experience any issues accessing your account, you can contact Ashlyn Garry, alumni site point for City Year Boston, via email or phone (617-927-2379) and she can reset your username and password. You can also reach out to the HQ alumni team at 617-927-2588 to reset your information. City Year is here to help!
The alumni website is an important tool for City Year staff, the alumni board, and, most importantly, the alumni community. Please help us strengthen our community by updating your profile today.