You will have the power to GiveBIG on Tuesday, May 3!
The Seattle Foundation is harnessing our city’s philanthropic spirit through GiveBIG, a 24-hour online giving campaign. In the past five years, $56 million has been invested in Seattle non-profits through GiveBIG.
You will directly contribute to the tutoring, mentoring and social and emotional support provided by City Year AmeriCorps members each day to elementary and middle school students in south Seattle. Here are two exciting reasons to support City Year this year:
- $20,000 matching grant from three generous, anonymous donors! We need all gifts, large and small, to reach this inspiring challenge: your gifts will be matched dollar-for-dollar by this matching grant, up to $20,000. Don’t miss the opportunity to stretch your gift.
- Your giving will directly support City Year’s after school programming at eight elementary schools in south Seattle. Our programming is designed for each partner school and is completely free for students and families who may otherwise not have access or opportunity for this care.
City Year AmeriCorps members build meaningful relationships with students before the first bell rings and in classrooms during the school day. This makes them uniquely positioned to have the biggest impact on student engagement and resilience during after school programming. Specifically, your GiveBIG gift supports:
- Enrichment clubs such as hip hop dance, cooking, world cultures, sports, and music.
- Extra academic skill building through hands-on, game-based learning in math and literacy.
- Technology-based instruction including coding, computer science, and building math skills.
Ways to join us on GiveBIG:
- TODAY, you will be able to schedule your gift for GiveBIG! So, if you’re out of town on May 3 or don’t want to forget, you can schedule your gift and it will be processed on May 3. Set it and forget it.
- Check out City Year Seattle’s profile and mark your calendars for Seattle’s biggest day of philanthropic action, May 3.
We look forward to celebrating with you on the big day. If you have questions or want to get in contact with us about GiveBIG, contact Sean Morrin at (206) 219-5006 and email@example.com.